Saturday, September 28, 2013

Sargento String Cheese

I like cheese as a snack. I remember when we were kids these little individually wrapped nuggets of cheese that were quite yummy (I think they may have been called Nips, but I'm not sure). They seem to have disappeared and now it seems the cheese snack du jour is string cheese.

Truthfully, I've never been a huge fan. I find most brands of string cheese to have a rubbery texture. But when Influenster invited me to try Sargento cheese for free, I figured I didn't have anything to lose so I'd give them a try. My local grocery store carries a few varieties of Sargento snack cheeses, I went with Light String Cheese.

The packaging is standard string cheese wrapping. Influenster sent along this nifty little cold case to carry your string cheese on the go. Even when I forgot to put my snack in the fridge at work, it stayed pretty cool in the case.

The cheese is really quite good. There's none of that icky rubbery texture. It is a nice, creamy but firm cheese. The flavor is relatively mild and not overly salty. The nutrition isn't too bad for a snack..50 calories per piece (25 from fat, 1.5g saturated fat/0 trans fat). I would definitely repurchase this cheese.

No comments: