Friday, January 26, 2007

Monster slipper

Ugh, I'm sick. Some nasty cold bug has been going around. Nearly everyone at work has or has had it. I managed to avoid getting sick the first time it went around a month or 2 ago, but no such luck this time. Despite my best efforts of large doses of vitamin C and cup after cup of hot tea. I've got a sore throat and sore, stuffy ears. My nose alternates between absolutely fine, completely stuffed and running like a faucet at regular intervals. I decided to stay home from work this afternoon to try to sleep it off. But my head would have none of that. As soon as I laid down, my sinuses started draining into my already irritated throat launching me into coughing fits. Finally, I gave up and settled on the couch with my knitting and DIY's craft shows on the tube. The fingerless mitts from last week have been (temporarily) abandoned for the Fiber Trends Clogs. Stephanie mentioned them a few weeks ago and it's been a huge topic of discussion on the KnitList and me being so easily swayed, decided I needed to make me a pair of these puppies. I'm knitting mine with Patons Classic Merino in Natural Marl and Natural Mix (next time might choose a starker contrast). They are huge. Picture of slipper and foot...Excuse the pink socks, sick people needn't be judged for their fashion choices. The slipper is roughly the same size as Quinn...She refused to sit nice for a picture, but I think you get the point. If there were a hole at the other end, it would be the perfect size for a kitty sweater. So far I've only finished the one slipper, but it's a super fast knit. Only took me maybe 2-3 hours. Since I'm not up to doing much of anything else until I kick this cold, I should have no problem finishing the other one in time to throw them in with the laundry this weekend to get them felted.

In stash acquisition news this week...Two skeins of Artyarns Supermerino yarn color 101 (gold, purple, navy, brown) that I got for a steal on Ebay. I'm not sure what exactly I'm going to do with it. The seller included a pattern for a mitered scarf, but I'm not much of a scarf person, and knitting miters doesn't really float my boat either. I'm half kicking around the idea of trying these coasters (from Knitty Gritty), but again, it's miters and I'm not sure if I want to go there. Our library's spring auction is coming up soon and I need to get something made to donate. I thought maybe these coasters with some matching mugs and tea in a nice basket. Or maybe a spa basket with some of my soap and these washcloths made with the new Lion Organic Cotton (I'm DIEING to find this yarn!)

No comments: