Monday, January 08, 2007

Lucy!!

After a month of waiting for the USPS to get around to delivering it, my Lucy Neatby dvd's finally arrived today! It was a real chore having to go back to work this afternoon and not plant myself in front of the tv and watch them. I started watching Knitting Essentials 1 tonight while I rode the exercise bike (damn holiday pounds). I LOVE it. The video is excellently shot, you can clearly see every stitch she makes and she explains things very well. It was so worth the wait. I ordered mine directly from Lucy at Tradewinds in Canada. I have since found several online retailers that carry the videos so I might order the other 2 from US retailers in hopes of not such a long wait.

The sock knitting love continues...My Online socks are coming right along. Here they are ready for the heel turn. The Mister Joe Blanket socks are a thing of joy. Check out the heel. I wanted funky heels to show off in my clogs. I think I succeeded.There are holes where I picked up stitches for the gusset (I hate when that happens), but they should be easy enough to sew up. This yarn is a bit finer than the Online 6ply, but these socks are still knitting up very quickly. I am (again) under the spell of socks. For some reason, I just can't get into knitting anything big right now. I've done a couple of inches on the KnitPicks afghan, but all I really want to do is knit socks. Seeing as how I've got yarn to make at least 2 more pair waiting in the stash (um, and perhaps a few more on the way), I'm hoping the sock knitting bug sticks around for awhile.

And finally, a batch of soap...I haven't thought of a name for this one yet. It's scented with Creamy Vanilla from Lone Star. It's a new scent for me and I'm hoping it doesn't discolor. Vanilla scents are notorious for turning soap brown. But I've always had good luck with Lone Star's scents. They are a great source for soap scents for people like me who only make small batches and want to try lots of different scents.


No comments: