Monday, November 14, 2005

Only 5 days until I get to see Goblet of Fire. I'm afraid to say I'm not nearly as far along in the book as I had hoped to be. I spent all my day off on Friday rearranging my craft room to make room for a filing cabinet (oh but it's so nice and organized now!) Then we were away all day Saturday so I didn't get any reading in then either. Sunday I read quite a bit since I strained my back raking leaves and didn't feel up to doing much.

I got a good bit of knitting done too. Finished my chulu. It turned out somewhat too big, but I ran a seam up the back and it fits well now. Looks great. Chuck thinks it looks goofy, but I love it. Should be cold enough by the end of the week to wear it too!

The yarn I needed for dad's hat didn't come until today, so I knit on my shawl over the weekend. Oh how I love the shawl. I think I'm only working on it in bits so I can enjoy knitting on it longer!

The sock, well, the sock has found a new home. With the addition of the new file cabinet, I now have a discreet location to store my less appealing WIPs. I KNEW that tiny, skinny yarn would get the better of me. I'm about halfway down the heel flap. I'm not giving up, mind you, just taking a break. There are only two items in the drawer of shame. The sock and a stack of log cabin quilt blocks. I need to make about 5 maybe 6 more blocks to have enough for a top. It's been about 3 years since I worked on it. The strips are all cut, just have to do it.

I started working on a pair of slippers in KnitPicks Sierra using this pattern from Crystal Palace Yarns. I won't be putting the fuzzy stuff around the cuff though. Just plain blue and green footies. The yarn is so soft and cushy and warm. And (and this is the best part) it's fast knitting. I've stopped to finish dad's hat since the yarn came today, but I don't expect these slippers to take long at all to finish.

No comments: