Saturday, December 15, 2012

Influenster Cosmo Vox Box 2012 review

I recently posted my review of the Venus razors that were included in my Cosmo Vox box from Influenster. I had the most to say about them so I gave them their own post. Today I'll give you my thoughts on the rest of the products in the box.

Pilot Frixion Pens

Being a child of the '80s I was skeptical about erasable ink pens. Erasable ink pens when I was in school were messy to write with and didn't really erase all that well. You were pretty much left with abraded paper with an inky smudge. These however are pretty neat. The ink writes a bit light for my taste (I'm used to bold lines from gel ink pens) but they do write smoothly without smudging. The "eraser" is not a typical eraser that wears down as you use it. It's more like a rubber tip that just magically removes the ink from the page. There is nothing left behind on the paper nor is there a smudge on the rubber tip. Very interesting. I found I could erase the ink for days after writing. I have no need for erasable pens but if you do, this would be a great one to try.

Bath & Body Works Forever Red perfume

Didn't like this at all. Smelled like artificial fruit with an odd musk dry down. Even though this is a perfume it reminded me of a cheap body spray. B&BW has MUCH better smelly stuff available. I'd skip this one.

Ghiradelli Sea Salt Escape

Surprisingly delicious! I've heard a touch of salt can really bring up the flavor of chocolate and this bar seems to prove that point. The chocolate has an excellent flavor and a creamy texture. There are flakes of salt and almonds throughout the bar. The almonds add no discernible flavor, just a bit of texture. The salt adds interest and brightness to the candy. Very very good. I would definitely buy this.

These products were all given to me at no cost in exchange for my honest opinions.

1 comment:

Camille said...

I haven't tried the pens, but there are also Frixion highlighters that are awesome. I often use highlighters at work, and it's great to be able to erase when I screw up.