Sunday, December 09, 2012

I Think I Love You, Stephanie Bond



I picked this book up a few months back when it was free in the Amazon Kindle store. I actually picked up a few of Stephanie's books, but this is the only one I've read so far.

I Think I Love You is the story of three sisters who witness a murder when they are kids and agree not to tell anyone what they saw (you know how it is when you are a kid and are someplace you shouldn't be...) Besides, the murderer was found so they didn't really NEED to tell, right? Skip forward to when the girls are grown. The girls don't talk much anymore. One ran away with the others fiance. Life has pulled them to different cities and very different lives. But various personal issues draw the girls back home at the same time. And that's when it gets interesting.

The characters were likeable and identifiable. The plot was somewhat predictable with some clues being quite obvious. But she threw in some red herrings as well and the true culprit was quite a surprise to me. I love that, unlike most cozy mysteries I've read, this one goes on well beyond the murder story and gives us a look at what happens to the girls after their reunion. I believe the book is classified as a humorous romance. There is a bit of romance and some light humor. I enjoyed Stephanie's writing and look forward to reading more of her books.

No comments: