Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sally Hansen Salon Effects

Just a quick post on Sally Hansen Salon Effects nail polish strips. I love nail art and thought these looked like a quick and easy way to decorate my nails. So I picked up a pack at Ulta's 20% off sale last week. A pack of 16 nail polish strips retails for $4.99. You apply the strips to dry, unpolished nails. I topped mine with a coat of top coat because I heard this could extend the life of the polish. The box says the polish can last up to 10 days. I only used one strip as an accent nail. This may prove to be quite wasteful on my part. They say the strips dry out quickly once the pack is opened. I sealed my unused strips immediately in a tiny zipbag and have my fingers crossed they'll be usable in the future. The strip was a little fiddly to apply. I could have used a slightly smaller size (I saw somewhere that you could cut trim them to fit, but I was in a hurry).

I did my nails Monday night. The colored nails have Butter London Horespower as a base coat, 2 coats of Orly Haunted Mansion and Butter London PDQ top coat. The accent nail has just the Salon Effects polish strip and PDQ top coat. Here's what my nails look like after 4 1/2 days. As you can see, the colored nails are quite chipped. The SE nail has only the slightest chip at the nail tip. I'm quite impressed. I'll probably take all the polish off tonight or tomorrow since I hate hate hate chipped nails.

At the flea market today I found a vendor selling the Salon Effects packs for $1 each. I only bought one pack because the quality of goods at our flea market is often suspect and there's no guarantee how fresh these things are. I'm anxious to try a whole manicure with the strips. Although applying them to my non-dominant hand will be quite a challenge I'm sure!!

No comments: