Monday, October 15, 2012

L de Lolita Lempicka

I've decided to try something new this week. I'm going to try to stick to just one fragrance for the entire week. As you can probably tell from past posts, I love perfume and have a lot to choose from. I rarely wear the same scent two days in a row and frequently change scents between morning and evening depending on the longevity of the scent. I have no desire to go back to my days of being a one scent girl. But I thought it might be interesting to see how long I can stick to one scent before getting itchy for a change.

I chose L de Lolita Lempicka for the experiment. I adore this scent. An ideal scent for fall. The smooth creamy cinnamon is so unique. Fragrantica lists the notes as: Top notes are bitter orange and bergamot; middle notes are immortelle, cinnamon and musk; base notes are tonka bean, vanilla and sandalwood. I mostly get cinnamon, musk and vanilla. It is perfect for any time of day. Goes well for work or casual. It doesn't go weird if the day turns hot. It is comforting and soothing when you get a wiff of it throughout the day. Definitely a great scarf scent. All in all, it's one pretty versatile perfume that I tend to overlook.

The bottle, while quite lovely, belies the contents. One would think with an aqua colored, heart-shaped bottle adorned with netting shells and starfish that the scent would be aquatic or at the very least summery. This is not at all the case.

I will be sure to report back how I make out with sticking to one perfume.

No comments: