Sunday, September 02, 2012

Sweet Delicious Madness and The Many Mysterious Deaths of Silvio Berlusconi

Despite having 2 e-readers, an iPod, and about 3 dozen book books on my shelf, I've only managed to read 2 books this summer. Pitiful! I'm so ashamed of myself not even reading enough to log an entry in the library's summer reading program (you need 3 for each ticket). There are reasons/excuses, of course, but truth is I really wish I could carve out more time for reading because I truly do love a good book. So anyway, excuses aside, I did just finish a quite good book and thought I'd offer a little review.



I picked up Sweet Delicious Madness when it was a freebie for Kindle. This indie book tells the story of Lily, an American in Italy who is working to support her young twin boys while trying to get a divorce from her philandering husband. Lily seems a bit of a ditz to me, but a very likeable ditz. Her estranged husband's aunt lands here a job as a housekeeper at the vacation home of a famous Hollywood actor where she is in charge of staff. The story revolves around a small cast of somewhat eccentric characters, I liked that there weren't so many characters that you can't keep them all straight. The plot lines are easy to follow as well making for a very enjoyable read. There's a little romance, a little mystery, a little escapism to the lovely country of Italy. Recommended for a light, fast read. I believe there will be/is a sequel but I don't see it on Amazon just yet.

No comments: