Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Cover Girl & Olay Tone Rehab Foundation & Powder



A few weeks ago I received a Cover Girl & Olay Tone Rehab foundation and a matching pressed powder compact as part of a Bzzz Agent campaign.

The foundation I received is color 125 Buff Beige and the powder is 320 fair/light. Although I tend to be rather pale complected, I have a bit of a tan from walking every evening this summer. The Buff Beige color was a pretty perfect match for me. The foundation is a combination skin serum and foundation. I found that I do not need to use moisturizer before applying the foundation. This is normally unheard of for my very dry skin. The foundation has silicones which makes it easy to apply. The finish is a bit dewy without powder. I prefer a slightly more matte finish. I find the foundation does indeed even out my skin tone quite well and does not look like a mask or feel heavy. The coverage is light but buildable if necessary. I do not see any lightening or evening of skin tone when the foundation is removed. In other words, its a fine foundation but I wouldn't consider it to have any long term effects. The foundation does stay true for me for the whole day in my indoor work environment. I did not notice any caking, fading or settling throughout the day. I do prefer my other foundations (Avon Ideal Flawless or Lancome Teint Miracle) to this one. However, I consider this to be a fine choice of a drugstore foundation. I will certainly finish the bottle I have.

I was less impressed with the powder. I found it settled in my lines and wrinkles if not carefully applied. The "puff" that comes with it is useless. I threw it away immediately and preferred applying with a fluffy powder brush. I have dry skin so do not use a lot of powder normally. I like MAC Mineralized Skinfinish for its super fine light feel. This powder is heavy in comparison. It is serviceable to set the foundation but I would not repurchase it.

No comments: