Sunday, November 26, 2006

Another FO

The knitting is just rolling along! I finished mom's Online Supersockes this weekend.
Hope she likes them. These will be her first wool socks as well as her first hand knit socks so I'm anxious to hear her opinions. They turned out fairly identical, which I'm very happy about. I'm usually not to fussy about having identical socks, but since they were for someone else and the pattern is very obvious, I thought it was important in this case. I used the Dutch Heel. I'm not sure I like it though. It's very narrow and I'm afraid you may be able to feel it under your heel. Again, will have to hear what the jury says.

I'm back to knitting on the mix 'n mingle kit from Knit Picks. I've made it through one full repeat of all 8 yarns. I think Shamrock is my favorite and Suri Dream my least favorite. I found on the Suri rows I added stitches because I couldn't see or feel the stitches very well, it's just too fuzzy. I've wised up and added markers to mark the double yo's so hopefully I can stay on track now. Loving the Shamrock as much as I do, I'm tempted to order some to knit these stockings. But I'm really trying not to buy any more yarn until I finish the projects I have going (afghan, cardi, kool aid socks). I should have the socks finished by Christmas since I'll have plenty of car & visiting knitting time between now and then. The cardi and afghan are going to take awhile longer.

I took time out to get some of the Christmas decorations up today. I can't believe Christmas is coming so soon! Thanksgiving was great. We had a good meal and watched Miracle on 34th Street. My mom and I went shopping at a big mall on Friday, rather than going to our local stores. Although it was a lot of fun and really great to see the different stores, it was far more crowded than if we had gone local. Thus we missed out on some deals because the lines were just too long. I ended up doing about half my shopping online (gotta love Amazon!) I still have a few gifts to buy, but Chuck and I have a shopping trip planned in a few weeks when I have some time off from work, so we should be able to wrap it up then.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Your socks look great!!! I'm sure your MOM will love them.