Sunday, February 12, 2006

FO's

I'm now back in the busy season at work, and not much else is going on. Work, eat, knit, sleep. Repeat.

We had our first snow storm of the year last night. Although I'm not a big fan of snow, this one was kind of nice because we didn't have to be anywhere today. It's sure nice to look at if you don't have to go out in it! No pictures, though. My camera is giving me fits already! The rechargable batteries only take 4-5 pictures before needing to be recharged. That's can't be right, I'm sure. And there's a short in the a/c adaptor. Hope to find better power options in the next week or so.

Meanwhile, I did manage to get a few pictures of some finished objects.
As predicted, I finished my first Opal sock during the Super Bowl. It's so pretty and fits very well. I've got the second one cast on, but spent most of my time working on the baby cardi.


Which I'm happy to say, is now finished. Cute, no?

The cotton yarn is soft and feels like it should be warm enough for a spring sweater.
Here's a close up of the cute little buttons mom picked out.

Hopefully someone at the Library sale will like it enough to bid on it.

I'm glad I'm not under any knitting deadlines again. It's nice to just pick anything up and knit without thinking I should be working on something else that HAS to be finished. I feel somewhat of a slacker though for not joining the Knitting Olympics. I do believe every other knit-blogger is participating. It's the main topic on just about every knit related mailing list, podcast, website I visit. Not being much of an athlete myself, I never really followed the Olympics much. When I was a kid and in gymnastics, I would sometimes watch the summer games, but rarely the winter games. If it weren't for Stephanie, I probably wouldn't have even KNOWN the Olympics were on! However, to all the knitting Olympians out there, best of luck on your projects. Wishing gold medals to all.

New podcasts I've just discovered: About Time with Whit Larson and Pointy Sticks with Christine. You go girls. Keep up the good work.

No comments: