Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Newly loved on Youtube

A few years ago, my super smart sister started gifting me a subscription to Mental Floss magazine each year at Christmas. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it before. Its a fabulous mag. I hope it's making me smarter but at the very least it is immensely entertaining.

So an issue or two back there was a story about John Green. I had zero clue who he was so I skimmed the article. He sounded like a really interesting guy. The article mentioned Green is involved in several YouTube channels and being the YT junky I am, I decided to scope them out.

I've only scratched the tip of the iceberg, I'm sure, but my favorites so far are:

Vlogbrothers John & his brother take turns posting videos to each other. The topics are diverse and quirky.

Mental Floss A video version of useless(full) information much like the mag.

SciShow Cool sciency stuff. (are you 1% nacho??)

I'm having a blast with these channels and recommend you check them out if you're looking for some truly awesome educational entertainment.

No comments: