Sunday, May 19, 2013

May Ipsy bag

I've mentioned before my love of sample programs. I've tried (and left) Birchbox, Sample Society and Eco Emi. Eco Emi was probably the best of these but also the priciest. Birchbox and Sample Society were always hit or miss. I rarely had more than one or two samples in a box that I liked, the samples were ridiculously small or unsuitable to my skin/hair type/color (why do they have you fill out a beauty profile if they aren't going to use it?!) So for a while I was off the sample boxes. Then I started to notice a lot of YouTubers talking about Ipsy and how much they had improved since their GlamBag days. I decided to give it a try.

I just received my second bag this week and am delighted.
In my totally retro looking bag I got 3 (THREE!!!) full size products! A Zoya nail polish in Julie. The frosty lilac shade is totally my color and I can't wait to get it on my nails (love Zoya). A Mirabella Shimmerati lip gloss. This, unfortunately is not my color and the packaging is terrible so I will be passing this on to someone who will love it more than I. A Pacifica rollerball perfume in Gardenia. As we all know, I am a complete perfume hoarder so I was thrilled to get this. The scent will be great for summer (a less sweet version of Kai). Also included was a travel size Pacifica bronzing body butter. This should be nice for adding a bit of color to my pasty white legs here at the start of shorts weather. And finally a sample of Yaby concealer. I am unfamiliar with Yaby and don't use concealer so this was a pass for me.

All in all, I got well over the value of the $10 I spent on this bag even with the two dud products. Last month (which I didn't photograph or post about) was really good as well. I love that Ipsy is including some full size products along with generous size samples. They seem to be paying attention to the beauty profiles too as the products and colors I'm receiving are mostly ones I may actually use.


No comments: