Sunday, February 10, 2013

M'eau Joe No 3

In fall 2012 Opus Oils released a new perfume called M'Eau Joe No 3, Hollywood Whiskey Fragrance. I love boozy scents and thought this sounded intriguing. But since I am actively trying to reign in my perfume buying, I decided to wait for some reviews to come out and see what people were saying. When I saw Boo's review a few weeks back, I knew I had to give it a try.

I ordered a sample first. Customer service from Opus was great and it came within a few days. The scent blew me away. (A bottle purchase soon followed!) It is absolutely unique. You won't smell anything like it anywhere else. It is straight up booze and tobacco. But not in a bad way. M'eau Joe is the most comforting, cozy fragrance I've had the pleasure of wearing. It conjures images of a richly wood-paneled room with big cozy chairs, a fireplace burning fragrant logs, pipe smoke and glasses of whiskey. I do not smoke or drink, nor do I ever got to bars, so I can not fathom why this scent strikes such a chord for me. But it surely does.

This scent would not be for everyone, that's for sure. It is strong. VERY strong. One spray lasts for hours and projects very well. Probably not the best choice for work unless you go really light on the touch. Perfect for lazy days at home or for going out. Great scarf scent! Walking outside on a cold day with a bit of this wafting up, sheer heaven.

The notes are: 
Top Notes - Whiskey, Saffron Attar, Rice Paddy Herb, White Cognac & Geosmin
Middle Notes - Pyralone, Honey, Rose, Violet & Chocolate Base Notes - Dark Amber, Vanilla, Tobacco, Musk, Moss & Woods


If you love tobacco or boozy scents, you have got to get this one. 

No comments: