Friday, December 10, 2010

Hooray for warm socks

Our neck of the woods is frigid cold this December. It's weather like this makes makes me love my handknit socks all the more. And just in time for this cold snap, I've just finished two new pairs.
First up are a pair of plain vanilla socks in Knitter's Brewing Company's Cabernet Harvest Sock-a-holic yarn.

These were my conversation socks for the nights C and I sat out by the firepot this late summer and fall. I think the colors are gorgeous and the hand is sturdy yet soft (not scratchy).

The second pair are my very first Wollmeise socks in My Old Blue Jeans Twin. The pattern is Hermione's Everyday socks.

I loved knitting these socks and I adore this yarn base. It has an almost cotton like feel to it but with the give of wool. The yarn is on the heavier side of fingering weight. I used a US 1.5 (2.5mm) needle for a dense yet not at all stiff fabric. I can not wait to see how these wear.

Of course I've cast on a new pair of socks, another pair of plain vanilla socks this time with some of my own hand dyed yarn. 

No comments: