Sunday, August 30, 2009

We are blessed with cooler temperatures this weekend and with September only a day away I'm really getting excited for fall to arrive. I've been working on Heroine nearly exclusively and finished the body last night. I've had major issues with row counting on this sweater. I don't know if my clicker is getting bumped in the bag or if I'm just brain dead but all 3 pieces I've knit so far have had to be ripped at least once. Thankfully it's a fast knit so it wasn't heart wrenching to tear back 10 rows and reknit them. After the fact I discovered I'd misplaced one of the buttonholes on the left front. I had already finished the piece when I discovered the mistake and there was no way I was ripping back that far. Since the jacket is felted and the buttonholes aren't technically functional, I decided to duplicate stitch over the errant buttonhole and will hand sew in the correct buttonhole after the jacket is felted. Hopefully I won't regret this decision. I steam blocked the parts and stitched up the shoulder seams just in time for Quinn to claim the jacket for her afternoon nap.I'm now knitting the sleeves and have decided to do both at the same time. This slows things down a bit, but when I'm done, I'm done. I have to be careful when I set my work down to be sure not to stop between the two sleeves as it's really hard to tell which sleeve I stopped on.

1 comment:

Jen Andersen said...

I love the color you chose. I can not wait to see it all felted. I will be sending a few prayers to the felting gods and your washing machine!!!! LOL.