Saturday, August 22, 2009

A change of perspective

Two things happened yesterday. Well, that's probably an understatement. Lots of things happened. One pretty big bad thing happened early in the day which set my mood switch on "very bad". And it stayed stuck there all day. Then, in the evening when I had time to sit down here at the computer and scan some of my favorite blogs and catch up for the week, I came across this post on Crazy Aunt Purl's blog. She talked about how it's so easy to dwell on the negative, but sometimes what we really need to do is concentrate on the good. So in that spirit, I've decided to post ten things that make me happy rather than whinge on about the bad stuff. Here goes, in absolutely no particular order....

10 things that make me happy.
  1. Knitting. Who couldn't have guessed that. It not only makes me happy, it makes me calm.
  2. My cats
  3. My garden
  4. Audiobooks and podcasts. Listening to someone else tell me stories is a joy instilled in me from when I was a wee sprout and mom would read Nancy Drew to my sister and I.
  5. Cozy mysteries. Sure someone died last week, but we REALLY need to plan this town dance!
  6. Chocolate. The more the better. I don't think I've had a day without at least a bite of chocolate in the last year, at least.
  7. My friends, family and my hubby
  8. Sitting on my porch with a gentle breeze blowing and Garrison Keillor on the radio
  9. My huge collection of sniffies (perfume oils). BPAL though art my love.
  10. Getting a package in the mail. Am I the only one who gets a thrill when they see a brown box at the door?
Next time you are having one of those days and you feel like Eeyore or Oscar the grouch, try Laurie's trick and take a few minutes to think about the good stuff. You might realize things maybe aren't all as bad as they seem and there's still good around you.

Much peace to you today.

1 comment:

Hanks In The Hood said...

don't forget thing #11 and receiving your daily emails from your whacked out fiber friend! LOL! Glad to have you in my life Lisa!