Saturday, February 23, 2008

Breathe out

It's been a week from hell. I try not to let life get me down, but this was just one of those weeks where it feels like someone is walking behind you, beating you with a stick all day long.

But now, the weekend is here. We had a bit of a snow so I'm gonna say I'm snowed in. I've finished all my chores (well, the laundry needs to be folded, but otherwise, I'm done). And this just came
in the mailI used some of the birthday money from my family to treat myself to The Alden Amos Big Book of Handspinning. It's gotten largely positive reviews. The most common negative remark is that the author is very opinionated in a "my way or the highway" type attitude. I'm hoping this won't deter too much from the supposed wealth of knowledge contained in the tome. I'm off to a cozy corner to read with a nice cup of tea, my fleece blanket, and with any luck a nice warm cat on my lap.

No comments: