Monday, September 01, 2014

North Coast Organics - new HG natural deodorant

A few years back I talked about my ongoing quest to find a good, natural deodorant. At the time, Lavanilla's Healthy deodorant had become my go to. And I do still love it. It's a bit pricey but it doesn't irritate my underarms, smells good, lasts most of the day.

For the last year and a half I've been alternating between it and Crystal Deodorant Stick. Crystal is dirt cheap, works exceptionally well and, even after all that time I'm STILL on my first stick. It can be a little messier to use since you have to wet it to apply. I find it easier to just apply right after showering while my underarms are still wet. It can also sting a bit after shaving, hence I alternate between the two.

Even with two go to deodorants on my shelf, ever fickle me still likes to try new stuff as it comes around. This summer I tried 2...the first was Nourish Organics. It was ok. Price was decent, smell was good. The product comes in a standard deodorant twist up tube. I found it to be quite soft and it left a lot of product residue on my skin. It did keep me fresh about as long as the Lavanilla, 8 hours or so before needing to reapply. No irritation after shaving. Because of the soft nature of the product I blew through the tube in a little over a month. Probably wouldn't repurchase this one.

The other was buzzed about a good bit in the natural beauty community on You Tube and piqued my interest. I started following North Coast Organics on Facebook and when they ran a sale a while back, I took the plunge and placed an order.

I picked up a sample of Revolver (a slightly masculine, woody scent), a full size of Death by Lavender (duh, lavender) and this totally awesome tee shirt because you KNOW I can't resist the skulls.

This deodorant has quickly become my hands down holy grail. The scent is light and fades quickly for me. The product is firm and applies without leaving a bunch of gunk in your pits (or on your clothes). I don't find it irritates my skin at all even though it does contain baking soda. The best part, the tipping point that makes this one number one, is that the odor protection lasts more than 24 hours for me. Seriously. Even after working out and getting all sweaty and gross, I don't stink. Now, granted, it's not a huge problem for me to begin with (fortunately, I know). But still. I'm incredibly impressed. 

They currently offer 3 varieties (the third is unscented) plus some lip balms and lotions. They are available in a few stores but ordering online is easy and shipping is fast. Definitely worth checking out.


No comments: