Monday, August 25, 2014

New fragrances - Summer 2014 edition

The arrival of my fall SA perfume box got me to thinking I should probably talk about my spring/summer perfumes before it's time to talk about fall!

As I've mentioned before, I've greatly cut back on my perfume purchasing, trying to sample before purchasing full bottles. I'm also trying to stick to one new bottle per season. I slid a little these last few months but only a little.

My first acquisition was Replica Lazy Sunday Morning from Maison Martin Margiela. I did sample this one first and fell instantly in love. At the time it was sold out everywhere but I snapped up a bottle as soon as I could from Sephora. It is a light, airy rose. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. This one has been in heavy rotation. I wore it for days on end when I first got it. The bottle is immense, thankfully, because I could bath in this stuff. Signature scent worthy.

Next I purchased Fleur en Fleur from West Third Brand. This was a blind buy. I can't remember exactly what spurred me to buy this one...I was craving florals and it was dead cheap is my guess. Happy accident to be sure. This is another gorgeous scent. Super-girly, sweet floral. And the bottle is so retro cool. Don't let the label "body spray" fool you, this is a real perfume and lasts for hours.

The third bottle is Avon's Today Tomorrow Always Together. I heard about this one on Fragrantica and really wanted to get my hands on it. Every time a new Avon catalog came out I scanned the pages only to find it not there. Diligent watching on Ebay led me to a bottle from Poland (I'm pretty sure this is still the only place you can get it at this time). Avon perfumes are really hit or miss for me. Most end up smelling exactly alike and not very good. This one, however, is an exception. For one, the bottle is stunning. Heavy, pale blue glass, delicate gold designs and a cap that looks like molten crystal. The scent is wonderful, white florals with a hint of peach and aldehyde. This one has gotten me the most complements when I wear it.

There was a fourth purchase...another West Third Brand called Amber Bound. Another blind buy that didn't work out. The notes sounded so promising to me...sandalwood, tobacco leaf, amber, vanilla, and on and on. But the scent was liner, uber sweet amber. At least WTB is inexpensive and I was able to pass the bottle on to someone else who will enjoy it more.

So those were my perfume purchases this summer. All in all I'm quite happy with the three. These could possibly be year rounders depending on the occasion.

I'm already sampling scents for fall and think I have my single bottle picked out already. Hoping for Labor Day sales.

No comments: