Friday, December 05, 2008

Beedle The Bard

Oh yes, my copy of JK Rowling's Beedle the Bard arrived today. I truly did intend to not open it until Christmas. But I just couldn't resist.

The box was much larger than I expected. Here's the first look.Inside the plain slip cover is the fake book.I'm not certain if it is leather or faux. It smells much like leather, but its hard to say and the Amazon description doesn't tell. It is sturdy and looks like an ancient book.
The inside is fabric lined with a pocket containing additional illustrations and a cavity for the book.
My illustration envelope was bent and so were the pictures inside when whoever packed the book forced them into the pocket. But the damage is barely noticeable and I can not bare to part with my treasure to send it back for replacement.
The book is phenomenal. I could not be happier.I could only get a picture of the outside. The binding is really tight and I'm not about to bust the spine just to get blog fodder. I'm thinking I may have to pick up the paperback book to actually read so I can keep this copy pristine! I was a wee bit disappointed that the pages were not deckle edged as the original, but in all other aspects, the book meets or exceeds my expectations. I'm sure it is leather bound. It is heavy and extremely well made (it should be at that price!). This is the single most expensive book I have ever bought. And so totally worth every penny.

No comments: