Sunday, November 16, 2008

Yet another catching up post

Hmm, my blogging seems to be getting worse. More than a month since my last post! Yikes! I blame Ravelry. Since this blog mostly consists of my knitting adventures and it's just so darn easy and fun to post over there, I find I have less to say here. But the blog does serve the purpose of tracking my general history as well so I do want to try to post at least occasionally for that reason. So here I am. What's happened since last I wrote....

I was working on Fylingdales. I've made next to no progress on it since then.I'm a few inches up the back. I had really hoped to have this finished for Christmas, but at this point it's on the back burner.
I finished knitting the Christmas gift socks.I absolutely love how they turned out. You may recall I dyed the yarn for these and inscribed the recipient's name on the skein. The brown dots are bits of where the name is written. I'm 99% sure the recipient doesn't read my blog, but I'll wait until after Christmas to reveal the name that was dyed into the skein. I love this concept and will do it again whenever I have the opportunity.

This is the February Lady Sweater. It's being knit in Elann Superwash Bamboo in Polar White. The yarn is dreamy to work with. So soft and light. I'm nearly to the point of dividing for the sleeves. As I said before, this is filler knitting so have only worked on it here and there.

The current socks are the Ragg Hiker socks from 2 at a Time Socks.These are being knit in Knit Picks Essential in Terrain Twist. The pattern is written for worsted weight yarn so I had to adjust the stitch count quite a bit, but essentially it's just a basic ribbed sock so it was an easy enough adjustment to make.
My foot is finally getting back to normal after fighting planter fasciitis since spring. I owe a lot of thanks to my chiropractor not just for the treatments, but for educating me on proper stretching and support for my feet. He got me wearing orthotics (these are my favorites, can't wait to try the new Platinum series) and my feet are feeling wonderful. I'm back to doing the Leslie Sansone walking videos and feeling great. I've lost 24 pounds this summer and hope to at the very least keep it off over the winter and if I'm really lucky even lose a few more pounds.

My car is back on the road. Thanks to the diligence of my hubby finding the parts and the excellent body work of our neighbor Dave. Not quite perfect (still trying to find an uncracked light), but it's roadworthy and will pass inspection and that's what matters most. I am thrilled to bits to have my old car back in working order.

I've started work on a set of knitted items for a friend for St Patrick's Day. She requested hats, mittens and shawls for her and her daughter in the colors of the Irish flag. The hats are finished and I'm 3/4 finished with the mittens. My goal is to have the hats and mittens finished and be well under way with the child's poncho by the end of this month. The shawl and poncho should be fairly quick knits as they will be at a bulky gauge.

Speaking of bulky, I'm working on yet another sweater...Skully from Stitch and Bitch.Not much to show so far, this is the back. I dyed the yarn myself. The yarn is Victor from Kraemer Yarns and it's dyed with Jacquard Gunmetal.
We had vacation a few weeks ago and spent the time sticking close to home and relaxing. Most of the knitting you see here was done that week! We did venture out a bit and I visited a lovely new to me yarn shop in Hummelstown called Yarn Love. The people were delightful and the selection of yarns was really good. A whole row of sock yarns and sweater quantities of most yarns. A terrific store. Check it out if you are in the area.

No comments: