Friday, July 25, 2008

Quilt Odyssey

It's that time of year again, time for the annual Quilt Odyssey quilt show at Hershey. I was afraid I might not be able to go this year since I'm still trying to resolve my foot pain issue. But the doctor seemed to think if I was sensible and took plenty of breaks and did my stretches I should be alright. So off we went. The show was great this year. A wonderful display of antique quilts. I snapped only a few pictures of my favorite quilts.I hadn't planned on buying much at the vendor mall since I'm not really sewing much as knitting and spinning seem to have taken over most of my free time. But I succumbed to two purchases. A Christmas panel of Santa and some animals and a quilt kit.The kit is 5 one yard cuts of coordinating fabric and 3 patterns with cutting instructions to get a twin size quilt from the kit. For only $30! It came from a shop called Bolines. They sell the kits on their website so be sure to go check it out. I think I'm going to make the Off Center Four Patch design, when I get around to sewing again (which might even be this weekend since I still can't spin).

Since I'm not spinning, I've had plenty of time to knit. I've finished Jen's Flat Feet socks.
The pattern is Twilight from 2 at a Time Socks. I wasn't too bad to work with, but I don't think I'll be rushing to knit more sock blank type socks anytime soon. It was worth a try, for sure. But I still prefer the smooth nature of regular yarn. Now I'm working to finish the 2 other pair of socks I have going.

1 comment:

Hanks In The Hood said...

You know you have a good friend when they knit you socks. I can't wait to wear them.