Monday, January 28, 2008

Weekend recap

So I was a busy beaver this weekend. I finished up the Eyelet Yoke Cardigan. Isn't it sweet?I sure hope it fits. Having no kiddies around to gauge the size against, I knit it strictly by the pattern. The yarn is incredibly soft and cuddly. And the fabric is a fairly loose gauge so it drapes well and should be multi-seasonal.

At the request of my yarn store owner friend, I sewed up a mess of sock bags.
Pretty new spring colors. And dyed up a bunch of yarn.From left to right: Lady Cardinal, Quartz, Shale and 2 skeins of Vincent. Whatever she doesn't take will be up on Esty soon.

I also finished up the first bobbin of the singles for my sock yarn.
The color is a bit washed out here, it's a darker green color in person. It will probably take me a bit longer to spin the second bobbin as tax season (and thus overtime) starts this week. Less time and way less energy means I may not be able to keep up with my half hour of spinning each night.

The highlight of my weekend was a comment on Ravelry about this little gem.
This is the felted case I made for mom's Zen mp3 player for Christmas. The pattern was written by Vicky Howell (find it here). It's super easy and fast. Not to mention adorable. Anyway, so yesterday I got a new message notice on Ravelry and it was from the rockstar knitting goddess herself, Vickie Howell! OMG, how awesome is that?! It was just a quick little message, but it so made my day. I'm so disappointed HGTV and DIY aren't producing Knitty Gritty anymore. Her show was great. Miss you Vickie.

2 comments:

Knit Witch said...

GREAT sweater and I love the yarn! What did you dye it with?

Lisa said...

The yarns are dyed with Jacquard acid dyes. So easy to use and consistently beautiful results.