Monday, September 24, 2007

Score!

As I've mentioned, I've been reading through the Cat Who series and trying to collect the books. Well, I managed to score the entire series in on Ebay for less than $20 including shipping!! All but one are hardback. 2 of the short story collections were missing, but I already had those. I am thrilled to bits. I'm still on Post Office since I've had almost no time to read this last week. And when I do sit down to read, I invariably fall asleep. This should keep me busy for months!

Finally, progress on the Drops Tube Socks.
100_3129
Although I've got to come up with a new name since they are no longer tube socks. I did, in the end, decide to put in a short row heel. I'm also only going to put the pattern on the top side of the foot so the sole is nice and smooth.

Jaywalkers in Jack.
Jaywalkers
I'm so thrilled with how this yarn is knitting up. I fell in love with it when I dyed it and am even more smitten by it knitted up. And this pattern is great. I can see why so many people have knit these.

I spent my weekend dyeing. Here's 5 skeins of Patons Classic Merino Wool, originally Winter White, dyed up for the Mr. Greenjeans sweater.
Yarn for Mr. Greenjeans
I had some issues with this yarn. Originally it was too bright.
After and before overdye
So I overdyed it with a small amount of black and brown dye. Now it's perfect.

I also dyed up the last of my sock yarn for my friend's shop.
Hand dyed for yarn shop
From left to right: Americana, After the Rain, and Shire. I'm going to have to dye up another Shire for myself, love those colors!


No comments: