Monday, July 02, 2007

First Horcurx finished

I finished the first Horcrux sock last night and got the second one cast on right away. The sock looks very strange when it's not on a foot.
But looks great on.This is a super fast pattern and I love the way the sock fits. I might use a different heel next time. The pattern uses a band heel which I've used twice before (on mom's socks and on my Mister Joe socks) and I just don't care for the fit as much as with a regular turned heel.

The stag bag isn't going to happen. The more I worked with the NZ yarn and the more I studied the pattern, I realized there was no way I was willing to put up with knitting that scratchy wool by hand. Machine knitting, though, seemed like a good option. I knitted this bag on my Bond. 50 stitches on KP1 using the Fibonacci sequence for the stripes. I used my cord maker to knit the handles and just twisted them together. It turned out pretty cute. I LOVE the colors. But it's not really my style though, so it's up for sale on Etsy. I've still got a ton of yarn left that I'm not sure what I'm going to use for. The yarn does felt like a dream, so I'm still leaning towards felted something.

No comments: