Saturday, June 16, 2007

Dyeing and gardening success

Yesterday I enjoyed a day off from work by going to the movies with my family to see Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End. Loved it. I'm not much of a movie-goer but action movies are so much better on the big screen.

I got in some more dyeing as well. I hit the mark this time on the Halloween yarn.
I've named it Jack.
This one is Sweet Tooth.
I'm addicted. I keep thinking of color combinations I can't wait to try and I've got more yarn coming!

Look back at this post. See the garden? That was only 3 weeks ago. Look at it now!
The June-boom never ceases to amaze me. How plants can triple in size in only a few short weeks.
The zucchini plant has already yielded several meals worth of vegetables. And although its hard to see in this picture, there's more for tonight's dinner waiting to be picked. Our weather has been exceptionally good so far this summer. Not too hot, a good amount of rain, just perfect. I'm thinking that for once we might even get by without all of our tomatoes cracking from the erratic rain we've had in past summers. I guess it's early yet to tell, but my fingers are crossed!

Big news...my Etsy shop is now up! It's at http://peacecat30.etsy.com. There's not a lot on it just yet. There's soap and a few sewn items. I hope to list some of my dyed yarns, if I can bear to part with them. But I'm not ready to let them go yet. Please stop by and check it out. Comments and suggestions welcomed!

1 comment:

Susan said...

beautiful zucchini plant!
great garden photos!