Sunday, June 25, 2006

Can you say obsessed?

Yep, another BallBand dishrag down. This one knit with leftovers from Absorba, cream and soft violet. It was my first knit per the pattern with two colors. I'm finding it best to twist the yarns at the start of each right side row, this prevents that loose float when you carry the color A up the side. Number four is on the needles already.



This time I'm using cream and Orange Sherbet . I've got ALOT of cream left, I imagine it will feature prominently in many dishrags! We had run to Walmart for a fan yesterday and I looked to see what colors of Peaches n Creme they had. The selection was slim. Mostly ombres, only cream, ecru and blue solid (and I've got those already). I'm on a hunt for solids in orange, brown, red and green.

Oh yeah, I broke down and orde
red 6 cones from Elmore-Pisgah on Friday. Enough (hopefully) for two kitchen rugs and a sweater. Not sure how long it will take to arrive. The lady only said it would ship "soon". On the plus side, she also said it would come via UPS and it should only take 2 days to get here. So hopefully soon is like the beginning of the week and it arrives for the holiday weekend. I ordered a color card too, but they are back ordered at the moment.

I finished Shop on Blossom Street this week. It was a good little summer read. I thought it was awfully slow to start, but got better towards the end. I had a hard time relating to any of the characters and found them all to be pretty self absorbed and whiney. The plots were easy to predict and the ending was good. I give it 3 out of 5 stars.

Remember those cucumber plants I planted on Memorial Day? The ones with just 4 leaves apiece? Less than 4 weeks later and look at them now!

Despite those few scorchers, the weather's not been too bad. The garden has certainly been showing it's appreciation for the good weather. It's nice and rainy today, rain we could definitely use. Now if I could just get rid of those weeds!

No comments: