Sunday, December 18, 2005

Narnia

My sister in law and I saw The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion , The Witch, & The Wardrobe yesterday while my husband and his mother did his Christmas shopping for me. The movie was stunning. Even better than I had anticipated. The animal characters were so well rendered, it was hard to fathom they weren't actually real. I was impressed with the movie makers for keeping the violent scenes (such as the war) brutal enough to convey the message with out any blood and gore. I had read the series long ago, borrowed from the church library. But going into the theater, I remembered little of the story or it's religious significance. It wasn't until a little later on, when I was trying to explain Aslan's sacrifice to SIL did it hit me full on how this movie reflects Christian values. I was thoroughly blown away by the movie. Highly recommended. I'm going to reread the series as soon as I can get my hands on them!

No comments: