Sunday, October 16, 2005

Back in the swing of things

Life feels like it's almost getting back to normal after the last month's turmoil. The only hurdle left is finishing up the big computer project at work. It has been fraught with delay after delay but finally got underway on Thursday. Hopefully it will be wrapped up by Wednesday so I can have my vacation without that hanging over my head. Keep your fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, I finished the sewing up on Dark Earth yesterday. I wasted no time getting it on and wore it to the movies today. It is so snuggly soft. It's unfathomable to me that it can actually be 100% wool. I grew up believing I couldn't wear wool. Turns out I just never found the RIGHT wool. Malabrigo is my hero. Happy dance, happy dance. I'm using the leftovers to knit Kitty Pi for the cats. Quinn kept curling up on the sweater while I was seaming it and wouldn't leave my lap today while I had it on. They'll love the bed I'm sure.

I gave up on the Encore DK for Present #2. But I found some Bernat DenimStyle left in my stash from a shrug/bed jacket I made this summer and it's just the ticket. I'm better than half way done and looking good. I ordered the yarn for P3 (dad's hat). Ended up going with KnitPicks Merino Style and this pattern. Should arrive by vacation.

Saw Wallace & Gromit and the Curse of the Were-Rabbit today with the family. For those unfamiliar with W&G movies, they are claymation movies based on the lives of Wallace, a middle aged British man with an inclination to design bizarre inventions to do everyday tasks and his long suffering canine companion Gromit (who invariably saves the day when Wallace's plans go awry). This is the first feature length W&G movie, preceded by 3 shorts (Grand Day Out, Wrong Pants & A Close Shave). The films are charming and funny and this one is no exception. Oh yeah, and Gromit knits! There's a scene where Gromit is waiting in the truck for Wallace to return. After a few moments of waiting, as any bored knitter would do, he pulls out his knitting and starts clicking away. Go see it. You won't be disappointed.

No comments: