Monday, September 26, 2005

Rain at last

It's finally raining. After something like 2 months without measurable rain, it's a welcome sight. It's nice and cool too. Perfect knitting weather. I finished the first sleeve on my sweater and am past the ribbing on the second.

I started a poncho this weekend. However, the acryl-yuck yarn leaves much to be desired, so I frogged it. The yarn was originally purchased to make an afghan on my knitting machine and I really feel that should remain it's destiny.

I received my KnitPicks order (placed before the catalog came, so no MaryJane cardigan). Some lovely Sock Landscape in Redwood Forest (yeah I know, there will be absolutely no more purchasing of sock yarn until I finish sock #1!) and this to die for Andean Treasure in Embers. I've already got the Andean Treasure on the needles for a Christmas gift. It is delightful to knit with. Soft as butter and the color is gorgeous! I will most definitely be ordering more of this stuff.

Finally, good news about my grandfather. Just received an email from mom that he has been moved out of ICU to a regular room. She said he's doing much better and they hope to move him to rehab before long. It's terrific news. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.

No comments: