Thursday, September 01, 2005

O.R.

The other day, I was chatting with dad. We were talking about a particularly grumpy person we know. Dad says "“Maybe he's suffering from Ocular Rectalitis."
"“What'’s that?" I ask, knowing full well it's GOT to be a good one.
"“Shitty outlook on life."
Yep. That'’s a good one. I lost it. I laughed for a good minute. Told him I'’d remember that one and told mom that one was getting blogged (dad doesn'’t “do” computers...yet...but mom understands the blog thing).
Today, I'm the one with Ocular Rectalitis. So I decided it was as good a time as any to blog it. Here'’s to you dad. Thanks for giving me something to laugh at, especially on the bad days.

Here are other things that are working to brighten my spirits...

The mini-Weasley is soaring along. I stayed up late the other night to finish the H. I'’m so very pleased with it. Picking up the neck stitches was harder than I thought it would be. Hopefully the little sleeves will be easier. I promise better pictures once it'’s finished.








This whole sock thing is getting the better of me. I just bought this...











And this...










Still working my way through The Principles of Knitting. I would have to agree with the masses. It is a fantastic knitting guide. June Hemmons-Hiatt explains everything in great detail and offers advice on which method is best for which situation. She'’s conversational in her writing, not quite as much so as Elizabeth Zimmermann (knitting goddess), but it still feels like a friend walking you through each technique step by step. The illustrations are some of the best I'’ve seen. If/when they re-release POK, I would definitely add it to my library. I would not, however, pay $200 or whatever ridiculous price people are trying to get for it now. It's good, not that good.


For anyone who'’s wondering, the icky gray background on many of my pictures in my sewing/craft table. It'’s the only place in my house with enough light for the POC camera to get a half decent picture.

No comments: