Saturday, September 03, 2005


I finished the little mini Weasley sweater. As promised, good pictures!

I took the picture with the sweater on some alysum to show the scale. The H is a little wonky on the bottom right side. I tried stranding the yarn back & forth rather than using two strands and it's pulled a little too tight at the bottom. Otherwise, it looks super. I've learned a few things I'll do different next time...use separate strands of yarn for the opposite sides of the letter (or maybe try duplicate stitch), leave the neck stitches live rather than binding off.

Here's a picture where it is going to reside...
The Harry Potter corner of my bookshelf. I'm working on collecting the "special" editions of all 6 books. All but POA and GOF have American (Scholastic) collectors editions. I have Chamber of Secrets, Order of the Phoenix and Half Blood Prince. I purchased the British special edition Prisoner of Azkaban, but I don't like it as much as the American editions. I was disappointed that there were no illustrations. I just ordered a first edition, hardback of Goblet of Fire (non-collectors). I'm still working on the special edition Sorcerer's Stone, but it's got to come down in price a bit.

Well, it's an absolutely gorgeous day out and it's a crime to be sitting inside at the computer. Think I'll head outside and try to get some serious mitten knitting in.

1 comment:

alison said...

Mini-weasleys are so cute! And yours looks terrific. The H is perfect!