Sunday, August 07, 2005

Yesterday the ever entertaining Yarn Harlot posted this link: Llama Llama Duck. Be sure to turn on your speakers and be prepared to sing this song the rest of the day. If you haven't already guessed, she is my knitting hero. I try to never miss her blog and encourage all to check it out.

I finished the Audobon shirt/jacket this morning and am totally pleased. I had purchased two cards of buttons and it turns out they are slightly different in color. Same numbers and all. Don't know how I missed it in the store. Thankfully it's a slightly funky pattern anyway, so it turned out to be a nice "design enhancement". Now it must sit in my closet until fall arrives and it's not 90 anymore!

Finally, a picture: This is the back of the Mad Aunts sweater. Can you see the fuzziness? The picture doesn't show it very well, but it's fuzzy. I took the time and did the math on the length. Sure enough, the pattern is written for the short sweater. I checked and rechecked and think I have the right numbers to get the length I want. I think to be on the safe side, though, I'll knit the back to what I think is right and stick it on a spare needle until I finish the front. Now I'm off to find a fan to sit in front of to knit.

No comments: