Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Pictures

Work sucked today. So to cheer myself up, I borrowed a digital camera and got some pictures to dress this place up.

First, Quinn and Stuart in the window, (Quinn's pretty hard to see, she's the black spot on the left) wondering why the heck mommy dragged all her knitting out into the yard. (light's much better out there and it is a GORGEOUS day!)




Here is the lovely Sunset Malabrigo purse along with the felted
eyeglasses case I made over the weekend (thats done in Cascade 220).

The purse has been pilling pretty badly, the nature of the beast with such soft spun merino. No worries, a minute or two with the sweater shaver and it's good as new.



Since there's been so much talk about Malabrigo on the KnitList the last few days, here's a picture of my other Malabrigo project, a sweater in a color called Dark Earth. The picture is pretty washed out, the colors are green, brown and purple. I did not follow the rule of alternating balls of yarn every few rows, and you can probably see the pretty obvious color differences between balls. Doesn't bother me, but some might prefer a more homogeneous mix and want to switch between balls as they knit.

Here's the mitten from last week.

I've been working diligently on MA, so there's only a few rows on the needle of mitten 2. Pretty yarn though, isn't it? It's Manos. Everyone compares Manos and Malabrigo. For me, there's no comparison. Malabrigo is the hands down winner. Manos is nice, but it's not evenly spun and a bit scratchy (ever so slightly). Plus Malabrigo is so affordable!

No pictures of Mad Aunts. It looks like a blob now so pictures must wait until it's finished. I will leave you with one final picture. My glorious shawl...

I love this project beyond words. I can't seem to get a decent picture (even with a good camera) but it is lovely. So soft, a pretty lime green (Knit Picks Elegance in Grass). Now that it's finally cooling off, I'm excited to get back to work on it. Maybe this weekend.

Hope you enjoyed the photoshow. I'll try to get pictures up here on a more regular basis.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Your Malabrigo bag is gorgeous! It even LOOKS soft!

Anonymous said...

OMG your bag is absolutely FABULOUS!!!!...