Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Payback

The biggest side-effect of KADD is apparently the jealousy of the neglected knitting. Mad Aunts lived up to her name last night. I allowed myself an hour to work on the mittens last night. In which time I finished my first mitten and cast on the second. Then I went back to finishing the neck of MA. Everything went fine. I finished the ribbing in no time and cast off. Sure enough, the cast off was too tight and the thing won't go over my head. Not even close. Apparently neckbands in knitting feel the same way towards me as collars in sewing, they hate me. I was so ready to show that sweater a thing or two and chuck it in the trash. But, after spending all that money and time, I just couldn't do it. So I started the horrible task of unknitting the bind off. It isn't pleasant. At all. The yarn is so slippery and fuzzy, my needle keeps slipping right out of the picked up stitches while I'm trying to unknit the next stitch. I think I got about 10 stitches undone when I gave up and went to bed. I'll give it another try tonight. And hit the books to find a STRETCHY bindoff!

No comments: