Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Not knitting

I'm having to lay off knitting for a few days due to pain in my left hand. It happens every few months, my hand aches for a few days until I finally put a brace on and give it the rest it's demanding. Tried knitting with the brace, not working. Stupid left hand. Doesn't it know I want to finish MA so I can start the Mini-Weasleys? And the socks? And that the situation has just gotten worse since these just arrived in the mail?The mitten book came yesterday (which greatly improved my mood). I'm so inspired. I'm thinking Christmas gives galore. Wait a minute...any family members who read my blog, just ignore that. In reality, though, I've never been a huge fan of multi-color (as in multi strand) knitting. So I'll probablly lose interest within 3 inches of the first mitten. Will keep you posted. (Note to self, one must challenge themselves to grow as a knitter. Get over fear of fair-isle.)

The yarn is dreamy Cherry Tree Hill Supersock merino in a colorway called Earth (dark blues and burgundys). So soft and cuddley. I got it for an absolute steal off Ebay (I thi
nk it may be a discontinued colorway since it's not on the CTH website.) I hope this isn't the start of a bad pattern, acquiring tons of sock yarn before even casting on my first sock.

I finally got my hands on a copy of The Principles of Knitting. This book seems to be held in
the highest esteem by any knitter that's had the pleasure of reading it. Talk has been rampent on the KnitList about it lately. I checked the local library system and sure enough, they had a copy. I'm anxious to see what all the talk is about. And since I can't knit right now, might as well spend my time reading about knitting. I'm kind of hoping I don't like it though. Seeing how it sells for upwards of $200 now! But then, maybe the rumours are true and there will be a rerelease soon.


Thanks for all the nice compliments on the project pictures yesterday. It's nice to get opinions from fellow knitters since I don't know any in the "real world".

No comments: