Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Diagnosis: KADD

While perusing blogland the other day, I found a name for the affliction under which I suffer on Abbey's blog. KADD, short for Knitter's Attention Deficit Disorder. I had been keeping the ugly little monster under control lately, faithfully working on Mad Aunts. But we went away last week and I needed car knitting, so I started another purse. Totally hating it, though. Not the pattern, the yarn. The yarn is Cascade 220 and it feels so rough I can't stand it. This will be frogged and machine knit when I have the chance. Then I purchased the lovely skein of sock yarn. It's been taunting me since it entered my house. But I was good, I put it aside until I had a proper set of sock needles (which, by the way, arrived yesterday. We'll see how long I can resist the temptation now!) Still the KADD won't let me concentrate on MA. Even though I have finished the front (gorgeous!), sewn the shoulders and have started picking up the neck. Didn't even let me get once around the neck and KADD tugged me to the stash and the bookshelf until I found a suitable diversion. Hence, I'm now knitting mittens. (Sorry no pictures, it's raining and my POC digital camera has no flash). I'm totally loving the mittens. I'm using a pattern from Yankee Knitter and Manos yarn in a dark evergreen. The pattern has no schematics and only general sizing (child s, m, l, women, men). I'm knitting the women's size and it's going to be way too small for me. However, my husband pointed out they will be perfect for his sister. Score! One Christmas present down. And the mittens are so easy and fast to make, I'm sure I'll finish these without starting something else. Maybe mittens are the cure for KADD?! Who knew?

No comments: