Monday, August 01, 2005

1st post ever

Hello! Welcome to my blog. Here I will post my random thoughts and ramblings. There will be talk of cats and quilts and knitting and cooking and gardening too. At least for the time being, there will be few if any pictures. We haven't taken the plunge to buy a digital camera yet for ourselves. If I've got something really good to show you, though, I will borrow one.

I've never much been one for journaling. However, the blog bug has bitten. I love reading everyone's blogs and have been inspired to start my own. Mostly to chat about my hobbies with like-minded folks.

This past weekend was a lot of fun. Mom and I went to the Quilt Odyssey in Hershey. I just love this show. This was my third year at QO and I'm never disappointed. They have just the right mix of traditional and modern quilts. The vendor mall held lots of tempation, as usual. I picked up another Heartwood Creek figure (an ornament of Santa holding a cat). Was tempted again by the needlepunch embroidery stands, but resisted until I sort through my grandmother's stash of Pretty Punch supplies and see what I've got.

Later that day we stopped at a yarn store called The Knutty Knitter. This was my first visit to Vivian's shop, but I'm sure not the last. She's a delight, sat and chatted with mom (a non-knitter) while I looked at all the fantastic yarns she has. I left with enough Reynolds Frisky
in pink to make this sweater. I've only just started the ribbing, but think it's going to be really pretty. Now if the heat would subside enough to knit!

No comments: